Friday, March 6, 2009

My Turn

It's about time that I had a chance to speak up about this baby. And, boy, do I have a lot to say! First off, no one included me in the decision-making process. No one asked my permission to make any additions to our family. I like being an only child. I admit I was pretty upset for awhile, especially when my mommy wouldn't let me come near her, something about being sensitive to my smell. My natural aroma never bothered her before! Then my daddy didn't seem to have time to play with me anymore between working hard and making special meals for mommy. I thought, if this what having a baby around is going to be like, I want no part of it! But then things got back to normal. Mommy took me for walks and daddy started throwing the ball around with me again. I know it won't last because the baby will be here soon, and my mommy and daddy are going to be really tired with all the feedings and diaper changes. So, I know I will have to be patient with them and try not to act out. On the plus side, when the baby gets older, I will have a new playmate .

No comments: