Thursday, February 19, 2009

The First 100 Days

Teresha: I am 100 days pregnant today (roughly 3.5 months)! I want to thank everyone for their well wishes. The outpouring of support has been overwhelming and heart-warming. It has been awesome to talk about pregnancy and parenting with friends who have already taken this journey. Becoming a parent really puts you in another league of people. I feel like we've been told an ancient secret or given membership to an exclusive club. For me, the last 100 days feels like I am in The Odyssey, at the beginning of a bright, new adventure, but with so much more to experience and learn. That said, I am starting to enjoy being pregnant more each day. I am doing things to connect with the baby like talking to him/her and putting the ear buds of my ipod on my belly. Damon doesn't like it when me and the baby whisper about him. I have also been scrapbooking and journaling so that I can share this experience with our child when (s)he is older. Of course, the organizational freak in me has already picked out nursery decor for a boy or girl, interviewed childbirth instructors, created gift registries and planned a hundred other things in advance. Damon thinks I need to relax, but I know that I won't be able to keep up this Superwoman act once the baby arrives, so I might as well get as much done when I have the time and energy. I don't have much of a bump yet, but I promise to post a picture of my rounded belly as soon as I start really showing!

Damon: So, I am still feeling pretty good - no sympathy pains as of yet. I don't like it when Teresha talks crap behind my back to the baby. Butters is keeping on eye on her for me. Like Teresha said, I am a bit more laid back - and since I am not the one pregnant I can relax. The way I see it, if people were able to raise babies hundreds of thousands of years ago - we should be able to figure it it out. Cry, eat, pee, poop, sleep then repeat. I got this on lock-down!

No comments: