Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Vision of Love
















Teresha: It's week 8, and we have an appointment with Dr. Foxworth. At the doctor's office, I pee in a cup (again?!), stand on the scale (lost 5 pounds), and have my blood pressure taken (perfect!). I lay on the exam table while Dr. Foxworth preps the ultrasound machine. Then the moment arrives...there is our little angel on the monitor! (S)he looks like a gummi bear and her/his little heart is beating so fast. It is the most beautiful sound I have ever heard!

Damon: I was taken aback when the doctor pulled out the "probe" (and I use that term loosely) and the gel for the sonogram. Yeah - guys, if you have not had a kid, the first exam is not the wand over the tummy! I was wondering if we were at the doctors office or a swingers club. Well - I guess that is why guys typically don't accompany women to the ob-gyn. Anyways, after I regained my composure a warm smile spread across my face as I saw our little one and heard his/her heartbeat for the first time. It was amazing.

No comments: