Sunday, June 28, 2009

Just When I Want to Kill Him...

Teresha: Since becoming an involuntary homemaker (more on that later), I have developed a fixation with crime shows. Not the fictional TV dramas like Law and Order although I am known to watch SVU from time to time. I am talking about real-life criminal case shows like 48 hours Hard Evidence and Captured, the ones that recount the crimes of murderers, rapists, and gangsters. My favorite is Snapped on the Oxygen network. This TV show tells the stories of women who kill...usually their husbands. My husband hates that I watch this program. He thinks I am getting tips on how to get away with murdering him. He has warned me that he told all his friends to suspect me if he dies suspiciously. I admit that I have learned from the mistakes that the wives on Snapped have made--like never use your cell phone when you are disposing of the body. The police can put you at the scene based on your phone signal pinging of cell towers in the area. Now don't go thinking that I am plotting my husband's demise. Far from it. But there are days that I do want to just kill him (FIGURATIVELY). Like this morning when I am preparing for a luncheon at our house this afternoon and there is no space in the fridge to put the platter of crackers or fruit salad because he has all these containers of leftovers that need to be thrown out and packages of fresh meat that need to be wrapped and put in the freezer EVERYWHERE!!! I am asking him to clean out the stuff so I can get the food for my guests ready and he tells me to stop bossing him around! Excuse me, but do you not know me?! Fast forward an hour later. He cleans out the fridge and makes me breakfast, but just not any breakfast. He has made a veggie omelet placed neatly inside whole wheat toast cut in the shape of a house with a side of butter shaped like the sun! I am touched...deeply. I make him go get the camera to capture this unbelievably loving gesture, and so I have proof that he is not always a butt-munch. He gets to live another day. I love you hubby!

14 comments:

Melissa B. said...

He sounds like a great hubby! The last time my hubz made me breakfast was...well, I don't know if he's EVER made me breakfast! And BTW, please don't forget to visit my Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. Your sense of humor will fit right in!

Beth in NC said...

Just coming over from SITS! What a sweet man you have. :o)

Have a blessed night!
Beth

mamammelloves said...

Hi from SITS! That is sooo sweet! If my husband makes me breakfast its usually just a plate of eggs... not all fancy like yours! :) That is just too cute! Have a great day!

Robbie S. Redmon, LPC said...

Hey, Girl! Thanks for stopping by. Love this post. I think he is a keeper. To answer the question you left on my blog, you can reach Isis at 214-946-1460 Please tell I sent you! No, I'm not a member of Nappiology. It's something to consider. I'll talk to Isis about it this week while I'm having my Locs tightened. I know she speaks for them from time to time. Are you a member?

Mau said...

I was getting ready to say something slightly crass and more-than-slightly disparaging about Damon, but I'll just say this:

"Cute."

Unknown said...

Alright Kamau. Take it up with your boy.

Melissa B. said...

BTW, my youngest just launched a photo blog, and I'm shamelessly trolling for traffic. Please visit my site to see what she's got going, and pay her a visit!

L.A. Mommy said...

Hey there,

I just discovered your blog & had to say I'm a huge fan of all those crime shows, too. I always out them on right before bed & my hubby's always like, why do you have to watch that right before I go to sleep? LOL!!

Little Nut Tree said...

You have a great writing style, I really enjoyed reading here today. (Here from SITS). Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well.

Robbie S. Redmon, LPC said...

Teresha, Isis is trying to get in touch with you. You can call her at 214-329-3820 about an appointment.

Maureensk said...

Okay, that photo would make an awesome calendar shot - men looking sexy and doing things like making us breakfast in bed, laundry, vacuuming... A photo calendar full of shots like that would sell like hotcakes! :-) BTW, good to know that about the cell phone, useful information, mwa, hah, hah! :-)

Kimberly Grabinski said...

Awwww, how sweet.

And thank you. I needed a little HUNK to start my day.

jmt said...

THAT is too sweet. Butt-munch went on vacay that day. LOL

Ashley and Henry said...

okay i am amazed that my little cousin could be so sweet....i have tears in my eyes! so sweet!