Monday, June 29, 2009

My Week

Teresha: It's hump day and I am already exhausted and looking forward to the long 4th of July weekend. It's hella *HOT* in Texas so I will be avoiding the outdoors and just relaxing because I have done so much this week (overdoing it is more like it):
  • I hosted a cloth diaper show at the house on Sunday. I made one sale...just confirmation that I am not a good salesperson. However, I am working on scheduling one at hubby's company for their employees and letting Kristi Rooks, the owner of Hip Green Baby do the product presentation. Kristi has a wonderful selection of products and a wealth of knowledge to share. Visit her site and see for yourself!
  • I had a guest post published at Go Graham Go! on Monday. Check it out!
  • Still mourning MJ. He was the icon of my generation. I can't believe he is gone. Enough has been said about his personal decline over the last 15 years, the circumstances surrounding his death, and the fallout over his kids and estate. I just want to add that his musical legacy is unmatched and untouchable, and I hope he is resting in peace.
  • I have been slow to accept the physical limitations of my final stage of pregnancy. I have been trying to do too much and suffering the repurcussions (back pain, insomnia, Braxton-Hicks contractions). So I made a decision to take it easy and not view this as a sign of weakness (Superwoman is temporarily hanging up her cape). I had a pedicure today at The Spa at Whole Foods. I have been sleeping on this gem of a service at one of my favorite places. A couple of neighbors clued me in. It was heaven and all natural...no harsh fumes or chemicals in any of the products. Tomorrow I get my hair done. yipee!
  • We've been experiencing some problems with one of the midwives at our birthing center. She has a prickly personality and it was rubbing me the wrong way. I strongly considered transferring to another facility (even took a tour at one in another city in the Mteroplex). I have been guilty in the past of avoiding confrontation with people who remind me of someone from my past-who shall remain nameless. I want to break free of this habit, so using the tools from The Secret and Birthing from Within, I brought the issue to the attention of the head midwife. In summation, she did a bit of mediation. We had a good visit at our appointment today and I am optimistic that we are going to have a positive experience from here on out.
Okay people, I've recapped my week as a way of letting you know that I am emotionally drained and tired. So, I am going to be scarce over the next few days on self-imposed exile from blogging, emailing, Facebooking and general web surfing. I'll see you rejuvenated and refreshed on Sunday!

2 comments:

Kimberly Grabinski said...

When I was almost 8 months pregnant with my daughter, we were selling our house and needed to put a new floor in our bathroom. It was just peel and stick but I decided I could do it myself.

I got stuck behind the toilet at one point and another, couldn't get up off the floor and I paid the price with back and rib pain for the rest of the pregnancy.

SLOW DOWN MAMA. You deserve it. You can be superwoman after she is born.

I think it is weird that a midwife has a prickly personality. I would think that their jobs would automatically make them sweet nice people...or rather than sweet nice people would be attracted to that job.

Maureensk said...

I'm glad you were able to work things out with the midwife. I tried to use a midwife with my first and she was such a bully! I switched to an MD. I had serious preeclampsia with him and would have had to anyway. The last trimester can be so uncomfortable. At the same time, I love how close you are with the baby then. And I didn't know Whole Foods has a spa?!?! I'm going to have to see if ours does too. In regards to MJ, I had such a crush on him when I was un junior high. That was back before he changed his features so much. Then a boy in our school dressed and acted just like MJ, complete with the white glove. So I had a crush on that boy, who I didn't even know! What a silly thing I was!